Friday 29 June 2007

101 ways to use mobile phones in school

When I gave the letters to my base group to be signed by their parents and brought back, only two students remembered to bring back the letters, the rest I kept asking and asking every day, even asked them to write it down on their Contact Books; they still forgot.
A week laler, I asked some of them to get their mobile phones out and type a reminder for themselves, to put the letter in their bags before they go to sleep. Five girls did exactly that and handed the letters the next day.
I think that it is clear that although contact books are good for various things, there is room for the constructive use of mobile phones in school...
what do you think?

4 comments:

gita said...

That was a brilliant bit of practice that you infoed to us when stephen was in I have no doubdt that commmunication would improve dramatically ,exponentially
brill!!!!!!

Theresa said...

Hopefully - if you can find us a cheap good mobile - we can have a great time accessing all sorts of projects around the school - Visual, wordy and exciting!

gita said...

hey, Ben, I forgot that I had done this before
I like your photo of the waterfalls
we must let the staff know of this
only problem with blogs is that you need time
many thanks

gita said...

only a year late